Thursday 30 June 2011

I'm gay and I'm gonna have kids one day....

When I met Adam, as well as being sure of himself, he was sure of two things: "I'm gay" and "I'm going to be a Dad one day".  To Adam, there was no contradiction.  Whereas I grew up thinking: gay = no kids - end of subject.  So I've spent the last eight years coming round to the idea that fatherhood is even possible for me.  About six years ago we went to a seminar run by a Melbourne couple who had had kids via surrogacy in California.  A great idea, but where were we going to get $120,000 from?  So having thought about co-parenting and adopting and figured out that co-parenting is not for us and adopting is a near impossibility, we were excited to learn that surrogacy in India is a real possibility....

No comments:

Post a Comment